[amsat-bb] Ham Radio are permitter on Carnival Cruises

Lizeth Norman normanlizeth at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:22:38 UTC 2016

Start now. The phone is a nightmare, there. Best bet would be to get
someone to go directly and make applicaiton for all.

Used to be 25$ YEARLY. That is if you got your reciprocral licsence
this year, then wanted to operate 5 years hence, pay the full amount
or be a pirate!

Been there, done that, got the cards.

Be aware that the rules change. A cautious man would visit.

Last I heard, /C6A was copying Dominica's policy. The license was
available at customs (presuming prior submisson of docs and $$$ .)

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Glen Zook via AMSAT-BB
<amsat-bb at amsat.org> wrote:
> Except the fact that all the Carnival ships are of Bahamian registry and that, under international regulations, one must have a Bahamas reciprocal license to operate aboard the ship.  Such a license is available but does cost $25.00.
> http://www.waterwayradio.net/intl_operating.htm
>  Glen, K9STH
> AMSAT 239 / LM 463
> Website: http://k9sth.net
>       From: Douglas Phelps <dphelps1 at ameritech.net>
>  To: AMSAT BB <amsat-bb at amsat.org>
>  Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:59 PM
>  Subject: [amsat-bb] Ham Radio are permitter on Carnival Cruises
> I just read the complete list of prohibited and confiscated items.  Under EXCEPTIONS I found the following:
>   - Ham Radios/Amateur Radio Equipment: Permitted to be used on board.
> Looks like we do not even need to ask permission.  Terrific!!!!!
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB at amsat.org. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb

More information about the AMSAT-BB mailing list