[amsat-bb] Ham Radio are permitter on Carnival Cruises

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 15:09:32 UTC 2016

Except the fact that all the Carnival ships are of Bahamian registry and that, under international regulations, one must have a Bahamas reciprocal license to operate aboard the ship.  Such a license is available but does cost $25.00.


 Glen, K9STH
AMSAT 239 / LM 463
Website: http://k9sth.net

      From: Douglas Phelps <dphelps1 at ameritech.net>
 To: AMSAT BB <amsat-bb at amsat.org> 
 Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:59 PM
 Subject: [amsat-bb] Ham Radio are permitter on Carnival Cruises
I just read the complete list of prohibited and confiscated items.  Under EXCEPTIONS I found the following:
  - Ham Radios/Amateur Radio Equipment: Permitted to be used on board.
Looks like we do not even need to ask permission.  Terrific!!!!!


More information about the AMSAT-BB mailing list