[amsat-bb] PSK31 Satellite Transponder works!
my.callsign at verizon.net
Fri Oct 16 19:03:58 UTC 2015
I was just on the 1820u 16Oct15 pass. 10m was high in noise, so the
down link was hard copy of my own signal. I only saw one other Doppler
corrected station (vertical PSK signal) just before LOS. Could not
display the call sign.
A couple of hints to successful contacts:
1. Do not correct for Doppler by shifting the frequency on your 10m radio.
2. Use the Doppler PSK program, allow it to correct for Doppler by
shifting the PSK-31 frequency.
3. Update the TLE's in the Doppler PSK program (copy / paste)
4. Once you are able to see your signal on the down link, NEVER stop
sending until the end of the pass.
"Homestead" that frequency. Just switch from CQ to the QSO
sequences for a contact.
5. Look for other stations somewhere in the VF pass band.
6. This procedure is different than working PSK-31 on HF. So is the
> ON4HTI... will be participating in the... SCR,
> and we always do a lot of PSK... on 10-15-20m
Don't forget to listen to the PSK31 downlink on PSAT (NO84). Its FM
downlink is the audio copy of everything the satellite hears on the normal
28.120 MHz ten meter PSK31 terrestrial hangout.
And of course since the downlink (FM) adds no doppler, most signals come in
just fine and can be decoded by any PSK31 clients.
AND of course, being full duplex, it is fun to be transmitting to EVERYONE
in the passband at the same time you are seeing EVERYTHING everyone is
More information about the AMSAT-BB