[amsat-bb] Is anyone using a phased array for LEOs?
dquagliana at aol.com
Wed Dec 30 16:49:44 UTC 2015
I would like to hear from anyone who is (or was) using a phased array of antennas for LEOs. (For example, the LA2QAA 435-jpole phased array that appeared in the AMSAT Journal a few years ago).
In particular I would like to know
- what antenna elements you used (jpole, vertical, something else) for the array
- number of elements in the array
- what coax relays/switches you used (brand/model/signal losses?) for phasing?
- details of the computer controlled steering or did you manual steer?
- what band(s) (2m, 70cm, other)?
- which satellite(s) you were trying to receive
-your overall experience with how well the phased array worked (or didnt work) for LEOs.
If there's enough interest and/or replies then I'll write it up for an AMSAT Journal article.
More information about the AMSAT-BB