[amsat-bb] Getting SatPC32 and new IC-9100 to talk over USB
wageners at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 03:51:40 UTC 2015
A few things:
1. In SatPC32 under Radio Setup you do not need any of the serial port
settings like RTS, DTR etc. Don't check them.
2. Make sure radio and software have the same baudrate
3. Make sure all four addresses (Icom) are set to $7C. Use the upper arrow
keys to change and set both of the lower windows. Check the box "Addresses
OK" to set the upper window. All four addresses need to be $7C.
4. Store the setting and restart the software.
5. Make sure C+ (Cat Control) is enabled).
6. Go to CAT (Cat Tuning) and set the Interval for SSB/CW and FM/PKT to
zero and click "Store" for both and select "Continue".
7. Restart the software.
1.You installed the Silabs drivers for the Icom USB driver *BEFORE* you
connected the radio and turned it on.
2. You verified in Windows, System Properties, Device Manager that you have
2 com ports (CP210x...) and you use the lower one for SatPC32.
If all that is in place, let us know if and what works,
On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 7:52 PM, Shawn Reed <N1HOQ at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi SAT fans,
> Just replaced a 910H with a new 9100 Icom. Trying to get the rig to
> talk to SatPC32 over the
> USB connection ( Doppler control). Looks like I have some comms going to
> the radio, but the freqs
> and modes are sometimes correct, sometimes not even close. I changed the
> address in SatPC32 to $7c for
> the 9100, loaded the UART bridge driver for the VCP, set the port and
> SatPC for hardware handshaking
> and RTS on. Running Vista on a core 2 duo machine. Any thoughts or hints
> are greatly appreciated.
> Thanks es 73 de Shawn, N1HOQ
> Sent via AMSAT-BB at amsat.org. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
More information about the AMSAT-BB