[amsat-bb] Light Weight Cuban Portable Satellite Station.
Raydel Abreu Espinet
cm2esp at frcuba.co.cu
Fri Feb 15 07:45:56 PST 2013
I want to share with the group a picture of my ultra light weight Portable Satellite Station. This minimum configuration was being tested on yesterday SO-50 pass (Feb. 14, 01:20 UTC) on my roof. Sometimes I use better antennas (an arrow or a 70cm yagi, 2m 5/8 vertical) while operating portable, but when transporting a yagi or an arrow antenna is difficult I use this low efficient but yet capable light weight system that fits on my backpack.
You can see the picture here:
>From left to right:
1. Channelized Kenwood TK-270(G) for 2m Uplink with a homebrew telescopic whip.
2. Hearphone with mic for improve the listening of weak and noisy signals, taken from my computer and modified to fitting both TX radio and RX connections.
3. Ultra Light Weight Antenna for 70cm, not too efficient on low elevation but it works great on higher than 20 degrees passes.
4. 12 Volt lead-acid battery, taken from my UPS when it stop to hold the enough amount of current, but it is still long enough for receiving during many hours.
5. My beloved treasure. AOR AR-3000A+ Communication Scanner, All Modes from 0.1 MHz to 2036 MHz. A fellow ham enthusiastic of vacuum tubes radios decided this receiver was too much complex for him, and I didn't wait a minute to buy it from him.
Raydel, CM2ESP, EL83sc
More information about the AMSAT-BB