[amsat-bb] Re: Freq program
kayakfishtx at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 07:38:47 PST 2013
To use the two Baofeng radios on SO-50:
1. Program one memory channel for 145.85 MHz with a 67 Hz tone.
2. Program another memory channel for 145.85 MHz with a 74.4 Hz tone.
This channel will serve to turn on the 10-minute timer when required.
3. Next, program a set of memory channels sequentially: 436.805,
436.800, 436.795, 436.785, and 436.780 MHz
4. Use one of the radios as your uplink radio, transmitting on either
of the 145.85 MHz memory channels as necessary.
5. Use the other radio as your downlink radio, listening on
436.805-780. Based on my experience with Baofengs I consider them to
be slow in changing memories, so I would stick to the VFO-mode for the
downlink receiver. Manually set the VFO to 436.805 and adjust down as
necessary for Doppler.
You may program the Baofengs to operate "split" mode but then you're
limiting yourself to semi-duplex operation.
On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 7:56 AM, Rich/wa4bue <richard.siff at verizon.net> wrote:
> I have two BOAFANG (SP?) that the club want to program for SO 50. and
> possibly in advance for FOX 1. (I know that SO 50 has a tone.)
> The questions:
> * What freq should be programed for S0 50 to comp for Doppler?
> * Same for FOX 1
> Thanks everyone for their help.
> Sent via AMSAT-BB at amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the author.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
More information about the AMSAT-BB