[amsat-bb] Re: RS series mode A downlink power

Joe nss at mwt.net
Wed Sep 16 21:09:06 PDT 2009

Mine was on Oscar 6 & 7, mode A

Drake TR-4  and quad loop laid horizontally for recv.

Transmit was a 4 ele cushcraft fox hunt beam, and a rock bound FM two
meter tranny with dev and mic gains turned fully down, and we straight
keyed the PTT.

and amazingly it was pretty clean  just a barely detectable chirp,  but
heard lots worse chirpers in those days on HF.  so felt pretty good.

Workked in less than a year like 28 states with the 10 wayy FM rig
running cw.

Joe WB9SBD