[amsat-bb] Re: [suitsat2] SK -- Den Connors, KD2S

Phil Karn karn at ka9q.net
Thu Sep 3 13:51:46 PDT 2009

Tom Clark, K3IO wrote:
> It is with much sadness that I report the passing of Den Connors, KD2S
> at 2AM this morning.

Den seemed to pretty much disappear from amateur packet radio right
after he did all that intensive early work at TAPR and just before it
really took off.

It probably had to do with his location and job change, but I always
felt that deprived him of much of the credit he was due. Success always
has many fathers, but relatively few people are actually present right
at the birth of an entirely new communication mode. Den was one of them.
I got involved after he did, and we talked quite a bit during our brief
overlap, but I never got to know him as well as I would have liked.