[amsat-bb] Re: Improving satellite reporting

Andrew Glasbrenner glasbrenner at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 3 06:16:09 PDT 2009

Bruce and all,

This is an excellent idea, especially the trusted updaters. While the Carr's
page is the best source of up to the minute data on modes and status, it
does occasionally suffer from erroneous reporting, and the links attached to
the satellite names mostly go to the old webpage from 4 years ago (the N7HPR
ones). There also are lots of newer satellites that could be added to the
system. Combining the two resources would result in a very superior product.

The two people to talk to about this other than David Carr, are Gould Smith
and Rick Hambly. I'll fully support this change, as it will get a very large
and odoriferous monkey off my back, and result in better data for the
members, and others who use our site.

Perhaps you could contact David, Gould, and Rick and get the ball rolling?

73, Drew KO4MA