[amsat-bb] Re: please be positive

Rocky Jones orbitjet at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 1 20:49:18 PDT 2009

Until they find and pay for a launch, they don't have a
viable HEO program either. Unfortunately, and this is my opinion, I believe
the size and shape of that HEO severely restricts how it can get to orbit.
I'm not criticizing the German effort, I support it. I merely am pointing
out a problem that we must avoid. We do indeed learn as we go.

Andrew, it all depends on how you define "Program".

If you want to build a homebuilt airplane and have all the drawings and schematics/plans etc...then you could say "I have a program"...
on the other hand if you have a 90 percent built airplane in your garage...well

I am quite sure the only way for P3E to get to orbit is Ariane.  That is also the mechanism through which the money is going to come.

If suitsat 2 is any indication, if Elon Musk told Amsat tomorrow you could have space on his Falcon 9, probably couldnt make it with Amsat's
record.

Robert WB5MZO