[amsat-bb] Re: Need Cable??

Stan W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Sun May 17 15:52:36 PDT 2009

Hello Jerry,

The rigs must have a computer control capability.
Lotsa modern rigs can be computer controlled.
Like the IC-706 family, IC-703+, IC-910H, and some of the Yaesu rigs, 
FT-736R and later.
Kenwoods like the TS-2000, etc.

Look at the rig manual and see if it can be computer controlled.
Some rigs need a RS-232 connection to a computer via a null modem cable.
Others need an interface box like the ICOM CT17 for electrical level 
conversion from RS-232 levels.

Older rigs may not have a computer control capability.

What rigs do you want to be computer controlled  ??

Stan, W1LE

Jerry Felts wrote:
> Say to make the puter control both my rigs don't they have to
> connected in some way?? I do have a Signalink USB interface for digial
> modes.

More information about the AMSAT-BB mailing list