[amsat-bb] Re: satpc32

n3tl@bellsouth.net n3tl at bellsouth.net
Mon May 11 16:24:12 PDT 2009


Do a search on eBay for "Yaesu CAT Cable," and you'll find a number of them available from sellers in China. They're relatively inexpensive and actually are USB cables that have the rig plug on the other end. They are interchangeable between the FT-817, FT-757D and FT-897D. The one I bought from an eBay seller has no brand name on it, but I picked up my radios used, and one of them had a USB CAT cable with it made by Maxon. The model No. is RPC-Y857.

Both cables proved to be totally "plug and play" with my Acer Aspire One netbook. Both cables work perfectly with my 857 and with both of my 817s. The cable from eBay was $22 with postage from China. It arrived in less than 2 weeks and was sent certified mail.

I hope this helps. Best of luck with your setup. Feel free to email me off the BB if you have any questions. 


Tim - N3TL

-------------- Original message from "ANTHONY JAPHA" <tjjapha at earthlink.net>: -------------- 

Where should I go to buy the cable (CT-62) for the FT-817 that connects the CAT jack to the computer (RS-232 probably) for rig control? Anyone know of a cable that has a built-in serial to USB converter? That would make portable use 
> easier. 
> Tnx and 73, 
> Tony, N2UN 
> _______________________________________________ 
> Sent via AMSAT-BB at amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the author. 
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program! 
> Subscription settings: http://amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb 

More information about the AMSAT-BB mailing list