[sarex] Upcoming ARISS contact with Ikaruga Elementary School, Taishi Town, Hyogo, Japan
n4csitwo at bellsouth.net
n4csitwo at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 7 14:20:31 PST 2010
An International Space Station school contact has been planned with participants at Ikaruga Elementary School, Taishi Town, Hyogo, Japan, on 9 March. The event is scheduled to begin at approximately 07:28 UTC.
The duration of the contact is approximately 9 minutes and 30 seconds.
The contact will be direct between NA1SS and 8J3NS. The contact should be audible over Japan and adjacent areas. Interested parties are invited to listen in on the 145.80 MHz downlink. The contact is expected to be conducted in Japanese.
Ikaruga Elementary school is located in the west of the Taishi-cho where was famous place with Shotokutaishi. Souichi Noguchi graduated this school.
Participants will ask as many of the following questions (translated) as time allows:
1. Feelings when going out from the space platform to space were
2. Is it a living in the space platform and what kind of thing is
a serious thing?
3. What kind of thing is to have been impressed when going to
4. Will you have thought it is dangerous though it is thought that
going to space is serious? What kind of thing was the best critical?
5. What is it a space ration and a recommended best menu?
6. Did you see UFO in the space platform?Does the space alien
think that it is?
7. What kind of thing is to think that you may become an astronaut?
8. Is "Harmony" related to Shotokutaishi's teaching though Mr./Ms.
Noguchi's New year's writing was seen?
9. Wasn't there homesickness?
10. How does it eat meal?
11. Does strike a fire in space?
12. How do you see the meteoric swarm when seeing from space?
13. What one do you see from ISS besides the earth?
14. What did you think became an astronaut?
15. What is bearing it in mind every day?
Information about the upcoming ARISS contacts can be found at http://www.ariss.org/upcoming.htm#NextContact.
Next planned event(s):
Simulation contact with Quintino Sella, Biella, Italy
Thur. 15 Mar 10 13:30 UTC
Contact will be on IRLP.
18 Dimotiko Scholeio Peristeriou, Peristeri (Athens), Greece
Tue 16 Mar 10 11:37 UTC
ARISS is an international educational outreach program partnering the participating space agencies, NASA, Russian Space Agency, ESA, CNES, JAXA, and CSA, with the AMSAT and IARU organizations from participating countries.
ARISS offers an opportunity for students to experience the excitement of Amateur Radio by talking directly with crewmembers on-board the International Space Station. Teachers, parents and communities see, first hand, how Amateur Radio and crewmembers on ISS can energize youngsters' interest in science, technology, and learning. Further information on the ARISS program is available on the website http://www.ariss.org/ (graciously hosted by the Radio Amateurs of Canada).
Thank you & 73,
David - AA4KN
More information about the SAREX