[sarex] Re: Average time between applying for ARISS and getting a contact date

AJ9N at aol.com AJ9N at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 06:21:39 PDT 2007

Plan on a waiting time of 1 to 2 years.  We have had some that waited  longer
but the average wait is about 1.5 years.  At the present time we  have over
45 schools on the list.
We shoot for 1 school per week but actually it ends up less than that;
closer to 0.7 average.  We are off limits for about 3 weeks after a crew  handover
(handovers are roughly every 6 months), during the week of an EVA,  during a
shuttle docking, and during heavy workload periods.
Hope this helps.  Welcome to ARISS.
Charlie Sufana AJ9N
One of the ARISS mentors
In a message dated 8/6/2007 2:10:27 A.M. Central Daylight Time,