[Namaste-dev] Tuesday Challenge review from 20 May 2008

Michelle w5nyv at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 11:28:32 PDT 2008

The challenge concerned considering the design of an ease-of-use circuit that addresses the RF Safety issues raised by using a dish, at 5.6 GHz, with up to 10W radiated power.
The response was to let the operator worry about it, and to not include a device that monitored the main beam for ingress.
I did a quick survey of ultrasonic range finder circuits. Very cheap ones can be made that range out to 3 meters. We need, at maximum, a 6.5 meter range.
I'll keep it on the back burner and see what I can come up with as time permits. Anyone is of course welcome to contribute in this area.