[Namaste-dev] Weekly Plan 27 May - 30 May

Michelle w5nyv at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 10:05:28 PDT 2008

Welcome to the Namaste development email list! Thanks for joining.
Please forward this email to anyone you think would be interested in the development of the project.

Send updates and work proposals to w5nyv at amsat.org

Sign up for this list at

Our project webpage is located at

http://www.amsat.org/namaste/

There is a document RSS feed that you can subscribe to. This will deliver project documents to you so that you do not have to go check the website for them. They will appear in the document feed reader of your choice.

Plans for this week: May 27 – May 30

1. Preliminary Satellite Symposium presentation release for review. The symposium is in late October in Atlanta. I’d like to use the Symposium as a goal in order to organize our efforts for the summer and fall. The presentation will be the capture document for the work between now and then.

2. SuperPortable User Interface Design Document work continues.

3. Uplink data rate and traffic analysis will begin. I’ll add this to the downlink data document and rename it something more informative.

4. OpenKM evaluation continues, with an eye towards installing it on delmarnorth and beginning to use it for revision control and document management.

5. Requirements analysis (technical) and Position Paper (policy) work on the optional APCO-25 terrestrial interface module begins. I have one volunteer for this effort, and am looking for more.

6. Plans for the July meeting include at least one open meeting. I encourage anyone in or near the San Diego area, who is available on 18-20 July 2008, who has an interest in being involved in the project, to contact me for an invitation. The invitation allows planning for room size and logistics.