[Namaste-dev] Re: SuperPortable User Interface Design Document - posted for Review

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Sat May 24 07:23:38 PDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Michelle <w5nyv at yahoo.com> wrote:

> ...I think of making a station that does something like Jabber very
> very well, rather than making a Jabber station. It would be ideal if we
> could make a platform (allowing customization, experimentation, and
> applications-layer programming), as opposed to a product, and so far I see
> nothing that precludes us for doing that. Does that make sense in terms of
> how you are approaching the station?

Yes. Good.

Toward that end, what I'll do is run through the list of Jabber capabilities
-- pretty extensive, at this point -- and evaluate each of them from the
standpoint of what would be required to implement each of them to spec on
our system. At the very least that exercise should give us a ranking of the
features by oomph, on the grounds that oomph values (development time,
processor cycles, watts) ought to be roughly proportional on any system.

73
Frank
AB2KT

--
The only thing we have to fear is whatever comes along next. -- Austin Cline