[Namaste-dev] Re: Tuesday Challenge 13 May 2008 (results from 6 May 2008)

Michelle w5nyv at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 10:23:39 PDT 2008

Hee! That mantra sounds eerily familiar!
We'll be doing something very similar. For example, making it work means using whatever it takes to get it to work. For some of the chunks of this project, there may be only one source of a doodad, and we pay whatever it costs to get it or make it.
However, the work well for cheap part is going to intrude a little earlier on than in most commercial projects I've been part of since it's been emphasized as a constraint, and especially <looks around to see if anyone else is listening> since it's hard to find volunteers who do quality design work who ALSO have a burning desire to to... cost reduction. At least in the numbers of volunteers that we're going to need. So, if we can raise awareness throughout the process about cost and price, then it makes the whole manufacturability aspect, which is out there in the future, much easier. I would be highly gratified if that happened, and I'm going to work as hard as I can to make it as easy as possible to do as much of that sort of cost/price stuff along the way.
 -Michelle W5NYV