[Namaste-dev] Re: Tuesday Challenge 13 May 2008 (results from 6 May 2008)

Michelle w5nyv at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 08:19:09 PDT 2008

>> There are many phases of the project, which also affect price and cost.

>I'm not sure I understand what you mean here?
Phases with respect to time. Early versions of the ground station hardware and software will cost differently from later versions.
If you think of this as at least a two-dimensional grid, with differently-costing configurations on one axis, and time on the other, you'll get a market summary for a constellation of configurations for a particular product over time.
I don't have enough data to produce a market map quite yet, but it will be included as soon as those of us that are focused on manufacturability, components engineering, and procurement get some traction with the design. This won't happen for some time to come, but it's on the horizon, and we have a core group of those sorts of people that are looking forward to that phase of the project.