[Namaste-dev] Re: ARRL TTF Presentation

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Tue May 13 08:24:38 PDT 2008

Maybe I'm just too impressed with the technology right now, but I think it
would be interesting to drop in a comment about the software infrastructure
that can go along with Eagle [Lite]. We have an opportunity to implement,
essentially for free, a prototype of the kind of internet-ish networking
that would be needed for routine use in deep space. Since this
infrastructure has to be fault- and distruption-tolerant, it also gets to
double-dip as a robust backbone for terrestrial EMCOMM. A fair quantity of
DARPA dollars have been going into this, and we have a chance to be the
first to make the work publicly available and actually good for something.

73
Frank
AB2KT

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Tom Clark, K3IO <k3io at verizon.net> wrote:

> I have just finished (although it can be changed) a short presentation for
> the ARRL Technology Task Force (TTF) forum @ Dayton. Bob McG stuck me with
> this task as he was leaving the country.
>
> According to Karl Bullock, the format of the TTF forum is for a few folks
> to make a short presentation, followed by a longer Q&A session. I have tried
> to boil relevant AMSAT activities down to 9 slides, concentrating on our HEO
> & GEO activities.
>
> Changes can be made, if necessary, until Saturday afternoon. Hope there
> aren't too many!
>
> 73, Tom

The only thing we have to fear is whatever comes along next. -- Austin Cline