[Namaste-dev] Re: Weekly Report May 5 - May 9

Barry A. Baines bbaines at mac.com
Sat May 10 18:46:20 PDT 2008

On May 9, 2008, at 8:27 PM, Michelle wrote:

snip...

> 9. A meeting in San Diego has been proposed for the summer, with
> AMSAT management proposing a mid-June weekend, either the 14th or
> the 21st of June, or mid-July weekend of 12th or 19th of July. The
> preliminary agenda for the meeting, as anticipated by Barry Baines,
> is to identify critical steps and milestones and establish
> reasonable expectations of what
> is needed in terms of resources (time, talent, treasure).

A comment on Michelle's note:

I had an informal conversation with Michelle earlier this week about
the possibility of having a meeting in mid-June or mid-July to define
objectives  and establish milestones for the overall ACP project for
the next six to eight months.   This would also provide an opportunity
to get team leaders together to discuss resource requirements and
develop a common  set of expectations regarding what each team may
need from each other and from other providers.  I also expect that
roles and responsibilities will be discussed as well.

Given that Dayton Hamvention takes place next weekend, I am hoping to
touch base with individuals at Hamvention to informally discuss the
objectives of this meeting and to get their input on when they might
be available for such a gathering.  I also anticipate receiving input
on what their expectations would be of such a meeting and who should
attend.

Given that I have spoken with only three individuals so far concerning
this proposed meeting, I have not yet put out any correspondence on
this.  Consequently, if Michelle's report item is 'news to you',
please don't anticipate that this has been finalized.  This is still
in the early discussion stage.  Hopefully I will be able to put out a
formal announcement that will outline a proposed meeting time/location
and objectives in the week following Hamvention.

73

Barry
WD4ASW