[Namaste-dev] Tripods and and Placeholder Document - Antennas and Feeds

Michelle w5nyv at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 10:08:12 PDT 2008

I have some tripods on the way to get my claptrap collection of dishes up off the ground for testing.

I also took a stab at making a document to collect results. It's on the web and in your feed and is located here:

http://www.delmarnorth.com/namaste/requirements/NamasteAntennaFeedExperiments.pdf
I want to include photos of each antenna and each feed, the name or serial number or any ID or nomenclature that happens to be on the dish or feed, and what solution you have come up with to mount the dish for testing and/or portable deployment. Each antenna and each feed will get its own special profile page. If you want to spoil your collection totally, then indicate their special nickname, and I'll include it in their dossier.

The tripods I got are from radio shack, and are called, imaginatively, Heavy Duty 3-Foot Tripod Mounts. I needed some anyway; it probably goes without saying but it is almost always better said - don't go out and spend a bunch of money if you have a better way to set your dishes up!
Cheap homebrew effective methods of supporting dishes are of great interest to the project. Please photograph and/describe if you already have a working tripod or other sort of deployable setup so that the homebrew-challenged can take advantage of the information and so we can make some progress on the antenna requirements document section dealing with easy portable setup.

more soon!
-Michelle W5NYV

Potestatem obscuri lateris nescis.