[Namaste-dev] Re: FH-FSK probability of collision

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Mon Jun 23 06:54:11 PDT 2008

For those of you (like myself) who have more fun doing this sort of thing
via simulation (rather than analytically), there is a very nice Python
package with lots of pertinent examples:

Counting is *so* much easier than integration.

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 9:51 PM, Michelle <w5nyv at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The next batch of effort concerning an analysis of the FH-FSK proposal has
> been published. The discussion, added to the document found at:
> http://www.delmarnorth.com/namaste/requirements/Namaste_Link_Analysis.pdf
> concerns the probability of collisions (a collision causes an erasure) for
> various numbers of users on a system with 250 (or more, if you can extend
> the code space) channels (which correspond to the hopping sequences).
> The next step is to see how many collisions we can theoretically recover
> from, which will give us an idea of the capacity.
> Please check it out and ask questions. I'd like to improve
> the document wherever possible.
> more soon!
> -Michelle W5NYV

"This is the Voice of Moderation. I wouldn't go so far as to say we've
actually SEIZED the radio station . . . " -- Obsidian Wings