[Namaste-dev] Re: Dishes - roll call for experimentation

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Thu Jun 19 22:40:08 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Michelle <w5nyv at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Grayg,
> First step is to find a dish to experiment with. Either one, if you want to
> try a dual-feed experiment, or two, like Stan mentions in his email, so you
> can separate the transmit and receive parts. A dual feed is sort of like a
> sports sedan. It's not a sports car, nor is it a sedan, but it still might
> get you to work.

FWIW, dishes and mesh/grid parabolic reflectors are very easy to come by,
and cheap, on ebay. I have several at home in various states of usability or
reconstruction. The NIB parabolic grid assemblies are acceptable right out
of the box on 13cm, and the dishes are very easy to cannibalize and modify
to accommodate whatever kind of feed you please.

73
Frank
AB2KT

--
"This is the Voice of Moderation. I wouldn't go so far as to say we've
actually SEIZED the radio station . . . " -- Obsidian Wings