[Namaste-dev] Re: Dishes - roll call for experimentation

grayg ralphsnyder wgrayg at mountain.net
Wed Jun 18 20:34:40 PDT 2008

Found a site with lots of LNB ( Low Noise Block-converter) information
in pretty simple terms and with good photos : first page
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lnb.htm     and second page
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lnb2.htm

Also, at http://www.mcmelectronics.com/search.aspx?C=&K=LNB prices for
purchased LNBs range US$30 to US$200 ... that's without a dish ... so
there is a lot of value if the 'free discarded' LNBs/dishes can be
gotten and used.

So that is good for the receiving of the signal from the satellite.

For transmitting the BUC (Block Up Converter) is needed also.

So this means ? that dishes must be found that have both of these LNB
and BUC ?  Is that commonly used with some of the satellite television
companies ?

grayg - KC8SVT