[Namaste-dev] Dishes - roll call for experimentation

Michelle w5nyv at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 07:30:40 PDT 2008

 Has anyone else on the list set aside a dish for work on Namaste? I'd like to gather some data from you all and split up the work on evaluating feed designs.
One of the first results from having dishes on hand in the lab is that there is not one standard for the feed housing and placement.
There are, instead, a multiplicity of standards.
Some feeds, like this one pictured here:
have the standard marked on them. This indicates which set of dishes the feed is compatible with.
I'd hoped to be able to make a feed that would drop in to pretty much any dish, but as you can see, we've got some work to do technically as well as the concerns raised about recommending the dishes for use on properties with deed restrictions where the satellite TV service is exempted.
More soon, -Michelle W5NYV