[Namaste-dev] Re: Interoperability through APCO-25

Michelle w5nyv at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 10:30:07 PDT 2008

A requirements analysis of the interoperability module is in progress. Drafts will be released as soon as they're done. Joanne Maenpaa is the lead on this part of the project, and I support her plan and basic approach. I'm very interested in the eventual outcome of her work, since it gets right to the heart of one of the two intended audiences for our project - emergency communications operators.

After requirements analysis comes design and proposals for implementation. We're not there yet, and depending on the use case study, regulatory issues, and legal issues, we may decide not to pursue particular types of interoperability because they make no sense for us to do.
Terrestrial demonstrations with a satellite simulator are something we intend to do. A terrestrial demonstration for both our intended audiences will happen regardless of an optional APCO-25 module. It's an option we're considering supporting. It doesn't hold up the terrestrial demonstration.
The date of the terrestrial demonstration has not been scheduled. I expect to discuss this and many other subjects at the July meeting.

 -Michelle W5NYV