[Namaste-dev] April 29 challenge

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 21:17:22 PDT 2008

With the 5 GHz uplink and a 3.4 GHz downlink and with our antennas
illuminating the visible earth with 100w (a high estimate) at the
antenna with 20 dB gain (high) the power spectral density (worst case)
on the earth is tiny. We can easily do the math but

a) we are not in the radio astronomy band
b) the amateurs in Region 1 will not be emitting in 3.4 but will be
listening only
c) wimax is above and below us by ~100 MHz but will in many cases be in
the near field. But that is OUR problem. WE will be interfered with, not
vice versa
d) our earth to space segment is 5650-5670 and is 75 MHz away from the
fixed satellite service beginning at 5725

I am sure this was discussed by I am going back to the beginning as I
have been informed that I really need to in order to put a few cars back
on the road.

FYI I have gone from the my current life was over to it is almost back
to normal. I was going to have to join government service on demand to
be project manager on a very large project. The better outcome would
have for my existing work partner to be promoted (he is already a
government employee). A week after my despair was nearly completely, his
promotion came through and I will be "CTO" of our effort and he will be
CEO because he got the promotion. I am saved by the last toll of the bell.

Bob

--
ARRL SDR Working Group Chair. Member: ARRL, AMSAT, AMSAT-DL,
TAPR, Packrats, NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.