[Namaste-dev] 3.4GHz transverter project update - San Bernardino Microwave Society meeting - feed needs

Michelle w5nyv at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 00:03:10 PDT 2008

The San Bernardino Microwave Society meeting (very enjoyable) was held tonight, and Paul KB5MU and I met with the group of members that are doing the 3.4GHz transverter kit project. A very nice looking prototype of their project was shown around, and we talked about the possibility of making a 5.8/3.4GHz version. I thought this was very exciting and we will be hearing more about this in the near future.
I learned more about our baseline dishes (DirecTV style) from people that have been working with them, and made some progress on spreading the word about the sort of feed we are interested in developing. We are up to five San Diego dishes for testing. The next order of business is to better specify the feed requirements.
To that end I am looking for people with experience in building, designing, working with, and testing feeds. Kerry Banke N6IZW has begun to investigate the feed design. He is contacting W1GHZ. Kent Britain WA5VJB donated a printed circuit board antenna. I will be contacting him in order to learn how to package and test it.
I'm looking for more people to help with this part of the project, so let me know if you (or someone you know of) would be interested in participating.

More soon,-Michelle W5NYV