[Namaste-dev] Re: Weekly Plan June 2 - June 6

Michelle w5nyv at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 10:44:35 PDT 2008

Hi Eric!
To me, an engineering effort is a compound phrase formed of effort, which is the expenditure of energy to get a particular goal accomplished, and engineering, which is the act, in part or in whole, of maneuvering or managing scientific knowledge for practical purposes.
Yes, I'm referring to software in any form, as well as hardware, and design documents, requirements, analysis, and any other supporting engineering documentation along the way.
I am very interested in providing a community resource and community property here with respect to designing satellite ground stations, both in our particular case and in general, through the production of verification and summary documents that are products of later phases.
I'd like to identify a policy or license that will serve us for the entire process, serving for the engineering effort as well as the final product. Are there any well-known problems or drawbacks with GPL that we should consider?
 -Michelle W5NYV