[Namaste-dev] Re: Weekly Plan June 2 - June 6

Michelle w5nyv at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 06:44:15 PDT 2008

What do you all think of using Creative Commons licensing for the engineering effort?
http://creativecommons.org/
Bruce, does your dual-license system extend to multisource engineering efforts like this? It would seem to make a lot of sense for a finished product where the definition was under the control of a person or group of people. Do you think it would extend to multisource multi-overlapping-in-time projects with lots of little blocks being worked on all the time in organic parallelism?
The question of how to transition from engineering to manufacturing is something I'm planning for, and anything that would make that transition easier I'm very interested in getting down in writing. Hence, the weekly plan item to start writing a policy.
Every policy has its price, of course. My goal is to produce a light flexible policy that is easy to understand, easy to live with, and easy to enforce. The suggestions made so far have been excellent and I sincerely appreciate your participation in the conversation.
Would you be willing to share a copy of your license with us so we can learn more about what a working dual license system looks like?

more soon,-Michelle W5NYV