[Namaste-dev] Cooperative Namaste Links

Michelle w5nyv at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 13:00:04 PDT 2008

In some gym reading ("Cooperation in Wireless Networks: Principles and Applications" link below if you want to check it over), it occurred to me that some cooperative behaviour amongst various Namaste would be interesting to talk about and possibly develop as a software requirement.

http://www.amazon.com/Cooperation-Wireless-Networks-Principles-Applications/dp/140204710X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212608823&sr=8-2
If you have one station, then you have an uplink and a downlink. If you have two stations (and since we're planning on Ethernet between indoor and outdoor units) then why couldn't you cooperate and bond the links if you had access to other (possibly underused) ground stations?
There is the idea of channel bonding is discussed briefly at wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_bonding
And is related to link aggregation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_bonding
Essentially, the idea is to use someone else's link for your traffic if theirs is idle, if you are able to reach their station through terrestrial means. -Michelle W5NYV