[Namaste-dev] Weekly Plan June 2 - June 6

Michelle w5nyv at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 09:46:02 PDT 2008

Welcome to the Namaste development email list! Thanks for joining. Please forward this email
to anyone you think would be interested in the development of the project.
Send updates and work proposals to w5nyv at amsat.org
Sign up for this list at
http://amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/namaste-dev
Our project webpage is located at
http://www.amsat.org/namaste/
There is a document RSS feed that you can subscribe to. This will deliver project documents to
you so that you do not have to go check the website for them. They will appear in the
document feed reader of your choice.
Plans for this week: June 2 – June 6
1. Physical layer feedback gathered and shared. We’ll focus on some questions and some
feedback about the proposals concerning the physical layer.
2. SuperPortable User Interface Design Document work continues.
3. Uplink data rate and traffic analysis continues.
4. Antenna work begins and feed research begins.
5. Requirements analysis (technical) and Position Paper (policy) work on the optional APCO-25
terrestrial interface module continues. I have one volunteer for this effort, and am looking for
more. A request for a copy of the series 102 spec from TIA has been made to AMSAT. The
spec is free under certain circumstances, and I think we may qualify. If not, and if AMSAT
aggress it’s worth buying, it will be purchased.
6. Plans for the July meeting include at least one open meeting. I encourage anyone in or near
the San Diego area, who is available on 18-20 July 2008, who has an interest in being
involved in the project, to contact me for an invitation. The invitation allows planning for room
size and logistics.
7. Two meetings this week are the Palomar Amateur Radio Club and the San Bernardino
Microwave Society. I’m planning on giving a quite update on the project at both.
8. Policy development concerning openness, open source, transparency, etc. begins this week.
Some of the feedback about the project concerned the definition and explanation of what we
mean when we say open source.
9. Website updates – reorganization of the content and some improvements will be finalized
this week.
more soon!