[Namaste-dev] Re: Thoughts on ACP Interoperability

Rick Hambly (W2GPS) w2gps at cnssys.com
Sun Jul 13 08:17:10 PDT 2008

Timothy,

Thank you for your input. I strongly agree that any external interface with
the ground station should be IP based. That opens up a number of Ham-centric
and emergency communications application interfaces that can easily be built
on top of IP.

The average satellite user of this ground station will be an individual in
his or her home. Even then, the IP interface will allow that user to connect
the ground station to their computer and exchange IP voice, pictures, video,
files, etc. with the users on the communications channel.

Could we put applications like a P25/IP interface in our PC or laptop,
thereby separating this applications issue from the immediate need to get an
affordable ACP ground station built soon? I don't really know enough about
P25 or its implications (technical, legal) to know.

Rick
W2GPS
AMSAT LM2232