[Namaste-dev] Re: [eagle] what is going on?

Paul Williamson kb5mu at amsat.org
Mon Jul 7 22:46:44 PDT 2008

At 11:06 PM -0400 7/7/08, Bob McGwier wrote:
> I demanded that Michelle give me some oversight ...

I assume you are referring to the email of 25 June in which you asserted complete control -- as a petty dictator (your own phrase!) -- over every single decision, every single piece of input advice, every single output document of the project prior to publication (completely contrary to the stated AMSAT policy of open development engineering), and every single member of the project and their specific task assignment, and in which you ejected any team members without a specific task assignment, as well as anyone whose advice you find objectionable.

Apparently this is your idea of "some oversight". Will you consent to the publication of that entire email so that everybody can see just how reasonable you were being?

Obviously I cannot speak for every person on the team, but it's my view that nobody would volunteer to work for an engineering organization on the terms you outlined in that email. They are so odious as to be incompatible with any meaningful collaboration. Team members deserve to know what kind of organization they're asked to cooperate with.

This is not a matter of personal injustice. It's the Vice President of Engineering creating an environment in which collaborative engineering work is effectively prohibited by policy.

73  -Paul
kb5mu at amsat.org