[Namaste-dev] Re: White paper

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 11:52:22 PDT 2008

I think he is saying there can be only one boss.  In a technical endeavor
such as we are undertaking,  it is extremely rare to find all of the
necessary knowledge and drive in one individual so we can name them king for
this exercise.  We have to have argumentative discourse to get at the right
solution.  I regularly believe I know something only to find out there was
something else I should have considered.  It is the nature of a technical
enterprise.

AMSAT has gotten itself into serious trouble before by following one
Rasputin,  who certainly was a genius, but had human failings.  When they
showed up, "WE" made the mistake or worse "You have failed", which was the
worst human failing of all.

If he means we need leadership which says argue and then sets a basic
course, he is right.   This group does not need yes persons.  It needs to
some set goals and have sufficient leadership to take direct aim at them.

Bob

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair, AMSAT VP Engineering.
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.
"Trample the slow ....  Hurdle the dead"