[Namaste-dev] Re: Weekly Report June 23 - July 4, FH-CDMA

Rick Hambly (W2GPS) w2gps at cnssys.com
Sun Jul 6 05:58:48 PDT 2008

Paul,

Does your scheme accommodate the issues that would be associated with an
Eagle hosted ACP such as Doppler, phase discontinuities that could occur
with antenna array de-spinning, etc? It is not sufficient to design a system
that will work only on the rideshare satellite. I could imagine these
differences affecting optimum choices for modulation, channel access,
coding, interleaving and time synchronization. It is also possible that we
will launch both Eagle and rideshare payloads eventually. We should consider
both orbits while pursuing the best design.

I recommend that the ground station be reprogrammable to the maximum extent
possible, both inside and outside. No matter how carefully we plan our
design it is unlikely we will get it right the first time. The more
flexibility we build into the system now the more likely we will achieve a
successful system after launch.

Rick
W2GPS
AMSAT LM2232