[Namaste-dev] Re: Version 1.0 of Interoperability Study by Joanne Maenpaa posted for review

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 16:18:15 PDT 2008

Joanne:

Thank you very much for this document.  It makes a strong case for the
UC/ICS in that it appears  it has within it the acknowledgement that large
scale disasters include loss of communications infrastructure and also seems
to admit "individuals with training".   After AMSAT considers the entirety
of your white paper and the references on which it was based, and assuming
adopting this as how we should operate, and should the entire team say this
is the way to go,  I wonder if it is too much to ask at this time that you
suggest a few immediate and a few longer term actions we might take.

If you feel like taking on this additional piece,  assume that we are
targeting the Southern California area to interoperate with first responders
in dealing with fires in answering this request.

THANK YOU,

Bob McGwier

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair, AMSAT VP Engineering.

NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.

"Trample the slow ....  Hurdle the dead"