[keps] Five New CubeSats Have Been Added to This Week's KEPs

Ray Hoad ray.hoad at mypbmail.com
Thu Oct 11 21:43:52 PDT 2012

Five new CubeSats were deployed from ISS on 10-4-2012 and are now on orbit.
They have been added to this week's KEPs. Those CubeSats are as follows:
1. WE-WISH
2. RAIKO - RAIKO is a non-amateur radio Ku-band beacon.
3. TechEdSat
4. NanoRack/F1
5. FITSAT-1

Since these CubeSats were deployed basically at the same time, we do not
know which is which satellite.
The objects listed on SpaceTrack are as follows:
International   Common        Catalog
Designator      Name *        Number
1998-067CN    (Object A)   Cat. # 38852
1998-067CP    (Object B)   Cat. # 38853
1998-067CQ    (Object C)   Cat. # 38854
1998-067CR    (Object D)   Cat. # 38855
1998-067CS    (Object E)   Cat. # 38856
* The Object A through E is not to be confused with the objects listed
below. I have listed them in the KEPs by their International Designator in
an attempt to avoid confusion.

Remember that the ELaNa Cubesats were launched 9-9-2012 and I have
temporarily designated them as Objects C through J until we sort those
satellites out.  They are as follows:
1. AENEAS - Cat. # 38760 (Object C)
2. Object D - Cat. # 38761
3. Object E - Cat. # 38762
4. Object F - Cat. # 38763
5. Object G - Cat. # 38764
6. Object H - Cat. # 38765
7. Object J - Cat. # 38766

Yes, space around our planet is very busy right now.  I would gratefully
accept any guidance as to which ELaNa launched object is which or which ISS
launched CubeSat is which for that matter. SpaceTrack has indicated which
object is which in the ELaNa launch but that opinion may not be correct. So
help me out here and hazzard a guess.  If no information forthcoming, I will
effort to avoid further confusion (too late).