[eagle] Re: ITAR BS

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 17:42:44 PDT 2008

Bill:

There is a lot overlooked here.  Let me give you an example to
illustrate for you the mine field.

Suppose I were as a US AMSAT loving ham,  to ask my favorite UK ham
experimenter,  to work on the digital signal processing apparatus and
code for the software defined transponder.  Suppose I help this
volunteer in a number of ways, consulting if you will, answering
questions, etc.

This is, in my opinion, a deemed export.  It does not matter that I
intend it to be used on a US satellite taken up on a US launcher.  I
violated the deemed export rules by transferring information about a
device intended to be used in a satellite to a non-US national.

This fairy tale is not intended to resemble any individuals that may
or may not be associated with any of our projects.

;-)

Bob