[eagle] Re: ITAR BS

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 13:40:30 PDT 2008

I think this misses the point of these discussions.  Some of our most
valuable, long term, productive volunteers, people who have been producing
real results for a long time,  have been sitting on the sideline because of
the fear of ITAR and its implications.  Shortly after our first major
meeting where ACP was really introduced,  they almost completely pulled back
from us.  They have a specific example they can point to, in a person we all
know who was caught up in it, pursued by the authorities, and ate a real
cost that pushed them to the edge financially.

It just isn't worth taking the risk to them and thus it is very costly to
us.

I don't think anyone blames ITAR for all that happened here since June.

Bob

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.
"Trample the slow ....  Hurdle the dead"