[eagle] Re: 2008 Symposium deadline

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 07:31:16 PDT 2008

Why do you not think we have already done this?

We have done this and we paid significantly more than $2500 and we got lots
of opinions and no action.

When it became completely clear that we could  not write a technical
assistance agreement with our partners in AMSAT-UK and AMSAT-DL that would
match the letter of ITAR,  we in the leadership gave up rather than walk
down the tougher road of getting specific exemptions for activities such as
ours.

We could have and should have done this for the "good of the human race".
Even then, almost surely,  people working in the industry would have their
activities severely curtailed by agreements and restrictions placed on them
by their employers.

There are no alternatives.  This must get settled and legally.

Bob

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.
"Trample the slow ....  Hurdle the dead"