[eagle] Re: what is going on?, some technical content at last.

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Fri Jul 11 00:48:38 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 8:56 PM, Bob McGwier <rwmcgwier at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought I would put together a 2m-70cm subset of the ACP system, running
> at slower rates on the downlink and with fewer channels but have it ready
> show at Atlanta.
>
> Matt was kind enough to modify his 70cm RF board to do 70cm and in
> parallel.
> I do not think this will be even a lot of work to do and we can see a
> tangible result with this.  16-32 channels of uplink and map to TDM for the
> downlink should be achievable...

For awhile now I've been thinking that a design challenge would be a good
idea. Lay out the system requirements and constraints in general terms, then
open the door for working models. Individuals, small groups, large groups,
anybody is encouraged to make a submission, subject only to agreeing to make
any software or hardware Open.

Even better, lay out requirements and constraints for several tiers of
systems. As submissions, working models are required, but simulations of
large chunks are OK.

73
Frank
AB2KT

--
"Sapristi nabolis!" -- Count Jim Moriarty