[eagle] what is going on?

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Mon Jul 7 17:38:59 PDT 2008

I just returned from nearly a month of travel/vacation with my family,
including 4925 miles of cross-country road-trip.  Two of the personal
highlights were my daughter Elizabeth KC0OTR passing her Extra exam in
Grand Junction, CO, and my first visit to the NRAO facility at Green
Bank, WV.

In trying to catch up on the email backlog in preparation for
re-engaging in less vacation-oriented activities, I find myself
somethere between utterly confused and completely dismayed regarding
AMSAT activities I care about.

        It seems like it has been months since I heard about any
        activity on Eagle or the associated ride-share opportunity other
        than what is being discussed on the namaste-dev list.  ???

        I see references in Michelle's weekly summaries about a meeting
        in San Diego on the weekend of 18 July, but can't find any
        information about who is meeting and for what purpose.  Is this
        something I should show up for?  I've tried emailing a couple
        folks directly that I thought might be able to give me details,
        but have had no replies.  I happen to have that weekend open at
        the moment.

        An email from Bob McGwier to the eagle list on June 5th
        indicated that he has resigned as VP Engineering and does not
        intend to run for another term on the Board.  While I'm pleased
        to see that he remains active on the namaste-dev list, I haven't
        read anything yet indicating who is expected to replace him?
        Who's supposedly running our Eagle and related engineering
        projects now that Jim and Bob have both stepped down?

        Matt Ettus reports that he has been "fired" and is thus no
        longer working on the ACP.  Why?  I find it nearly inconceivable
        that AMSAT would intentionally push away someone of his talent,
        vision, and demonstrated persistence of contribution.  I
        sincerely hope this is a misunderstanding of some kind?

Would someone *please* tell me what is going on?

73 - Bdale, KB0G