[eagle] Re: ACP questions on Eham forum

Michelle w5nyv at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 11:27:13 PDT 2008

Hi Dave!
I am looking forward to OpenKM to provide archive (revision record and control) and document fetching.
The plan from here is to use it as back-end support for the website, and not require participants to get a login/password for OpenKM.
Blog, wiki, whatever - if it's useful it will get used and should be at least tried. I think they're great ideas.
The blog for Namaste is our document feed source, but it gets very few comments because it's more of a utility than a place to post comments.
If you want to see what it looks like it's here:
http://namasteforamsat.blogspot.com/
We're more likely on Namaste to use wikipedia than something like eaglepedia. The construction of a useful wiki takes a lot of time and a critical mass of people willing to edit and contribute. It's worth trying since it can be a great resource. Whatever we can learn from eaglepedia, though, we need to apply going forward.
I expect we will continue to use the Amsat News Service and the Journal to post articles, and whatever people gravitate towards (twitter has been really useful for us) to post status and smaller items.
 -Michelle W5NYV