[eagle] ACP questions on Eham forum

Andrew Glasbrenner glasbrenner at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 4 20:17:00 PDT 2008

Word is getting out, but I really don't know where to point him other than
the Symposium Proceedings?

73, Drew

http://www.eham.net/forums/Satellites/1725

Hi,

I attended a presentation by Matt Ettus, N2MJI, at the Palo Alto Amateur
Radio Association's monthly meeting about the Advanced Communications
Package. The project sounded very interesting and as I remember, Matt said
that the ACP project's goal was to send up these amateur stations on
commercial satellites in the geostationary orbit so that it eventually,
someday, gives a trans-global reach for amateurs with portable/handheld
radios. This was supposed to be an alternative to the Eagle project.

I got talking to a friend and fellow operator who used to be very interested
in amateur satellite work and he was very interested in knowing more about
ACP.

Is there a whitepaper, wiki or some kind of documentation briefly describing
the project?

I looked at the AMSAT site and could not find much. Any pointers will be
appreciated.

73,

- Siddhartha WV6U