[eagle] Re: Proposed agenda for Jan. 8 TS meeting

Jeff Mock jeff at mock.com
Wed Jan 2 10:49:26 PST 2008

Matt Ettus wrote:

> In the past I have not participated in these teamspeak meetings for a
> number of reasons, mostly centered around TeamSpeak itself, which is
> most definitely NOT open source, and not terribly good either, in my
> opinion.   The developers are quite open about the fact that they will
> NEVER open it up:
>
>     http://forum.teamspeak.com/archive/index.php/t-372.html
>
>  [...]

Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything and avoid getting political with a
group that I'm just getting started with, but I had exactly the same
feelings when I looked at the Teamspeak client.  I was somewhat relieved
that they have a Linux client, but the software is disappointing and the
license is even more disappointing.

"Free for non-commercial" is a self-promotional scam, it's short sided
to adopt a closed source program like this.

I can't say that I'm a purist, I do what I need to do in order to get my
work done.  I have a Mac that I use to run photoshop and access fancy
printers, but I probably wouldn't use teamspeak if it were up to me.

jeff