[eagle] Eagle Management Change

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at amsat.org
Wed Nov 7 16:07:27 PST 2007

Team:
Last night I transmitted a significant letter to Rick Hambly, Bob
McGwier, and the AMSAT Board of Directors.

As a result of life changing events this year, I have realized that I no
longer have time for amateur radio and therefore Eagle.  With GREAT
regret, I tendered my resignation as Project Manager and Assistant VP
(Director) of Engineering.  I simply do not have the time to do this
right, and would therefore prefer someone else do it.

I deeply regret having to take this decision.  I got into this when
asked because I saw it as a chance for me to give something back to
AMSAT.  It also gave me the wonderful opportunity to work closely with
the awesome intellect that you all represent.  Working with you people,
this team, has been a highlight of my personal and professional life.
It is painful to step away, but I must do so -- I'm over extended, and
must reprioritize some things in my life.

Many of you have worked very hard and have worked hard at doing things
differently.  In the process, you've taught the ENTIRE ORGANIZATION some
new things that we must deal with in todays era of electronics -- both
process and technical details.  I beg you all to not give up and please
continue.

I will support and encourage from the side lines, as I can.

Thank you all for all that you've done.  I wish you, and Eagle, only
good things.

Very 73,
Jim
wb4gcs at amsat.org