[eagle] New Module

Dick Jansson-rr rjansson at cfl.rr.com
Thu Nov 1 05:12:53 PST 2007

Bob:

I have uploaded the drawings for the new E05 60, 140x180 Module, to
Eaglepedia. I did this so that people so interested can go there and look at
these drawings.

I plan shortly, however, to modify the PCB and Baseplate slightly by adding
more mounting screws. I have somehow to convey that some of the added screws
are optional depending upon the PCB dissipation. This step to add more
screws is part of the realization that screws spaced 50+mm apart may not
provide sufficiently effective contact of the PCB to the Baseplate. Modules
such as the U Receiver will definitely need the added screws. This tradeoff
on this module is a significant reduction in the need for added heat sinks,
and their attaching screws in the middle of the PCB.

Your timely comments on this module would be appreciated.

'73,
Dick Jansson, KD1K
 <mailto:kd1k at amsat.org> kd1k at amsat.org
 <mailto:kd1k at arrl.net> kd1k at arrl.net